Review: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered (PlayStation 4)
Relive the epic single-player Campaign from the 2009 blockbuster Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, remastered for a new generation in true high-definition.
- Decent graphics.
- 47.97gb download size.
- Standalone download.
- HDR support with setting sliders.
- Controls-10 button layouts, 4 stick layouts, invert axis and sensitivity sliders, vibration, and aim assist.
- DS4 speaker can be used.
- Hit markers-on/off.
- Show blood-on/off.
- Disturbing content (Russia section) is opt-in/out.
- Four difficulties-recruit/regular/hardened/veteran.
- Assault course-(replayable) gives you a recommended difficulty upon completion and course time.
- So smooth and responsive.
- Powerfully memorable story.
- Intel-in game collectibles that unlock game changers/cheats/effects.
- Fast loading.
- No multiplayer. Just a heads up.
- Inconsistent checkpoints.
- Unskippable cinematics.
- Little replay value.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessibility - 8/108/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
Modern warfare 2 was and is still one of the best call of duty campaigns going. In this remaster we get updated visuals, cutscenes and a few little extras. The core gameplay remains unchanged and to be honest you would only be playing this version if it was your first time, need a refresher and can’t be arsed with YouTube or if you want some trophies! Like I say there is no denying it is a fun as hell game to play but for today’s market its a game that came out when the average gamers backlog is stacked, time is valuable and not many will want to step back in time for a campaign. I understand why they took out the multiplayer but it could of still had an online community of hardcore, Co op missions were another startling exemption from the game. Basically this is a standard remaster with no big additions and is only for the niche gamer.