Review: Castle Crashers Remastered (Xbox One)
Hack, slash, and smash your way to victory in this award winning 2D arcade adventure from The Behemoth!
- Big bright cartoon graphics.
- 1-4 player online/offline.
- 1000 Gamerscore.
- Simple easy to use controls.
- Online leaderboard support.
- Gameplay is a 2D side scrolling brawler.
- Earn exp and level up to earn points to put into 4 areas. Health,Magic,speed and damage dealt.
- Collect animals which give buffs or do auto attacks.
- Huge selection of weapons to find and buy.
- Can ride mounts and attack when on them.
- Awesome soundtrack.
- Collect coins by finding them or enemies drop them. This is used to buy items from the shops.
- Big huge boss battle arenas.
- Unlock magic where every character has a unique magical attack. Magic meter replenishes over time.
- Game includes two characters previously released as DLC in the first game.
- Unlock new characters in game by playing the campaign but also fulfilling certain criteria.
- You can revive each other in co op games. Time your presses to increase the health the revived player comes back with.
- Help section available.
- If you own the 360 version then this version is free!
- Small download size-278MB.
- Can download 360 cloud save.
- Full stats screen.
- Three modes of play-Story,Arena and Back off Barbarian.
- Arena is a PVP fighting arena.
- Back off barbarian is a new mode which plays very much like a rhythm action board game. Coloured squares will appear and you press the matching button. You need to avoid barbarians and collect items.
- So accessible and fun to play.
- Screen can get very chaotic and hard to see whats going on.
- Sneaky AI tactics like throwing bombs that explode as you get up over and over.
- Difficulty spikes.
- Repatitive gameplay.
- Cannot do upgrades in level.
- No real tutorial opener on back off barbarian.
It was just the other day I mentioned to the Mrs that I fancied going back to Castle crashers but I wished it was on next gen. Two days later and I have it and its brilliant. Maintaining the same formula that made the first game an instant classic, You get all that here but with added game mode back off barbarian which is a nice distraction, Plus two new characters previously only DLC. The fact that 360 owners get it free is a proper decent way to look after your players. If you are new to Castle crashers then you are in for a treat, Best played in co op the game is instantly accessible, fun and has a lot of hours of gameplay in it. To me its one of the best indie titles and really helped catapult indie games into the limelight especially on 360. In short, Game is awesome and a must buy for co op players!