Review: Catan Steam Edition
The Legendary Struggle For Catan Continues! Play the board game classic and its expansions ”Seafarers” and ”Cities & Knights” and create your own empire on Catan including individual maps and scenarios. Found settlements, build roads and prove your trading skills to become Lord of Catan.
- Cartoon graphics with a bit of charm about them.
- Voice acting while cheesy in places, Overall it is not a bad effort.
- Hot seat multiplayer so your friends can join in.
- Statistics screen showing all your game history.
- Create and upload your own scenarios which you can share online.
- Huge detailed help section available from the pause menu.
- Full editor for creating your levels and scenarios.
- Two expansions seafarer and cities and knights.
- Ten character avatar icons to pick.
- Four colours to choose for your player.
- No Multiplayer online what so ever. You can play online online on PC or Mac via playcatan.com
- No tutorial.
- Feels like a mobile game at the end of the day.
- Not a lot of video options using just the bare minimum like: AA,resolution and full screen.
- If your new to catan and want to practice, This may not be for you.
In summary, The game is very basic and doesnt lend itself well to new players of the game. Yes there are alternative resources to play the game online but thats not anything to do with this game. Its a huge shame as multiplayer would have this selling like hot cakes. Due to licensing this couldnt happen which damages this alot. The price for what you get is actually very high and I cant honestly say its worth it or that should just give it a try. A game that could offer so much has gone so so wrong.