Review: Chariot (Wii U)
Chariot is a humorous, physics-based couch co-op platformer in which a brave Princess and her Fiancé carry a funeral wagon through ancient caves, fending off swarms of looters while amassing riches, to bury the King’s remains in a worthy, gold-filled tomb. If only his majesty would keep quiet… The chariot’s large wheels and long tethers allow the heroes to reach higher ground, swing across chasms and perform all sorts of impressive maneuvers. Extract riches from the very walls of the caves in multiple environments, and make your way to the exit by avoiding – or beating back – greedy looters as they attempt to steal your hard-earned loot!
- Cutesy graphics that just emit happiness.
- Three save slots.
- Re Bindable keys so you set them up how you like.
- Subtitles on/off.
- Drop in and out local co op.
- Display is mirrored on both TV and the Gamepad.
- Touchscreen can be used in certain menus.
- Online leaderboards with filters like friends only and by level.
- Has its own achievement system.
- Simple controls, Even more so after you configure them!
- Force feedback enabled.
- Ongoing hints and tips as you play.
- Unlock speed run options as you finish levels.
- Hidden collectibles to unlock extras.
- Hidden rooms and routes.
- Gameplay is very much a puzzle platformer.
- World map level select interface.
- Really atmospheric and charming.
- Can skip cut scenes.
- Find blue prints to unlock new gadgets and gameplay mechanics.
- Co op only sections.
- Percentage start showing completion.
- Slow starter.
- Text on gamepad is small and hard to read.
- No online Co op.
- feels like you are missing out on content if you don’t have a co op partner.
In Summary, A charming game full of character. The puzzles are varied and fun. platforming is a tribute to the genre. Above all else the game is fun to play, It looks brilliant and is a clever game. For under all the nice graphics and chirpy soundtrack is a solid game. unlock speed runs and find all the collectibles. it is still worth getting even if you don’t have the means to do Co op. A excellent addition to the eshop library.