Review: Chiki-Chiki Boxy Racers (Nintendo Switch)
Chiki-Chiki Boxy Racers is a racing game with 2-8 player support and suitable for all ages. Bringing its unique control scheme and zany game modes, You are guaranteed fun with this Nintendo Switch title.
- Blocky pixel graphic style.
- 291MB Download size.
- Micromachines meets RC Pro AM gameplay.
- Four modes- Single, Multiplayer, Local and online.
- Single mode- Races or battle modes.
- 20 Cars. Five default, 15 additional cars to unlock. You can change the colors and each car has its own stats and look.
- Multiplayer mode- Race or battle supports 2-8 players.
- Local mode- Host/Join then race and battle options.
- Online mode- Worldwide or friends only.
- Three race locations- City, Jungle, and Beach. Each location has four tracks.
- Every offline event has a practice option.
- Controls- Left stick does accelerate, brake and turning along with a turbo button.
- Three driving views- Close, Normal and far.
- Fast loading times.
- Game modes- Many choices from painting the ground To collecting coins to playing football!
- No touchscreen.
- Online is just a quick join option.
- No way to invert controls.
- At any moment your brain will just fart out and you will confuse your turning.
- Very basic progression.
- Racing is very plain and uneventful.
- Less single-player focused and more local play focused.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessability - 7/107/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
A game that has such a strong pleasing graphical style, The game scratches an itch of old-school driving games. I got strong Micro Machine feels, I am surprised at how approachable the game is but for all this happiness and smiles, If you plan on playing this solo offline then you will not get as much bang for your buck, Racing is very basic. The game shines online but even more so with local play. The game modes are so much fun especially the football. In short, it has many cool tricks but its not a game for solo offline and instead is a must own party game.