Review: City Car Driving (Steam)
Realistic car driving simulator, which will help you master the basic skills of the car driving in various traffic conditions.
- Alright graphics.
- 6279GB Download size.
- Car driving simulator gameplay. Teaches you road rules but also how to drive.
- Graphic options-Resolution, Output device, Graphics mode, Overall quality, AA, Texture quality, Shadows, Mirror reflection quality, Road reflections quality, Multithread rendering, Rain drops on windscreen.
- Can rebind keys, Set sensitivity etc.
- Steering wheel support.
- Steam workshop support.
- Two game modes- Career and free driving.
- Career consists of choosing a difficulty and then performing a set number of tasks with a 3 star rating system. Tasks can be zig zag driving to reverse parking for example. Includes a much harder challenge in special training options.
- Full profile stats screen.
- Each task has a full breakdown of what is required of you and any achievement descriptions.
- Driving school is an optional tutorial section going over basic movement and rules.
- Goes full hog into the realistic setting. From having to put your seat belt on to clutch control. In doing so really adds the atmosphere and skills needed to be a driver.
- Responsive tight controls from not only the steering but the response time for the gas and brake.
- Five driving views from in car to an aerial over head view.
- Supports Occulus Rift VR headsets.
- Free driving is where you pick a car, Town, Weather and off you go.
- Weather conditions from rain to snow/ice.
- You get frequent pop ups of information like speed and braking distances. Even things like fuel consumption and braking distances.
- Follows the road rules effectively.
- Loading times.
- Very abrupt “You failed” pop up then a restart or quit option.
- Really difficult to get into at first.
- No Steam achievements.
- Some horrible assests.
- Small number of cars by default.
- Fail and its back to the beginning.
- To get the most out of this game you really need to use a whell and pedals.
- Not a game. Obvious but worth noting.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessability - 6/106/10
- Length - 6/106/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
Any game that takes on the simulator world will have a hard task, Especially if it claims to help you learn to drive. Sure if I am using a wheel then it may give me a better understanding of the road but even then its a lot of money to plow in. Playing City Car Driving with a keyboard is fine but it wont have a huge impact on your real world driving. The experience in game is funny at first and does provide plenty of WTF moments. And doing the tasks are very satisfying but once the dust settles and frustartion creeps in, What do you have left? City Car Driving is a game that you either hate or love and for me it was just middle of the road with a lot of traffic lights.