Review: Classic Snake Adventures (PlayStation 4)
A 4K reboot of the classic retro game snake introduced in 1997. Remade with gorgeous hand-drawn 2d art and a 3d snake. The snake’s mechanics are completely new. This 3d snake can bend, and change size and speed during game-play, something you won’t see in any other snake games. A state of the art game with the retro beloved gameplay of snake 97.
- Cartoon graphics.
- 1.03gb download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- Snake gameplay.
- Simple controls.
- Speed Button.
- Gameplay-guide a snake around the level collecting fruit and food to grow longer, avoid obstacles and eat X amount of apples to finish the level.
- 3-star level ranks.
- World map level select.
- Can replay levels.
- Online leaderboards.
- Easy trophies.
- A handful of locations with 12 or so levels in each.
- Collect letters to spell bonuses for extra points.
- Collect presents for bonus points.
- Timer-collect clocks will increase the game time.
- The soundtrack is a mix of calming tunes, rock, and almost patriotic sounds.
- Stutters and briefly freezes as a trophy pops up.
- Inconsistent uneven surfaces all over the place.
- One note.
- Stars carry little desire.
- Sounds and music is a bit grating.
- Very basic.
- Little replay.
- You have to manually upload scores manually.
- Slow respawn time.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 6/106/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
This is not the snake I grew up with! (phrasing) for me, snake is a line you send round a small screen and collect dots. It’s a gif now and kids will never know the pain! Here we get an attempt at storyfying a genre that completely changes its very roots. It plays like snake but only just, I say that as the head is big and surfaces are uneven and it’s loads of bull shite deaths. Loads of items to collect and scores to rack up but the game freezes when you get trophies, respawn timer is long thanks to countdowns and level overlay reminders. I can play it and get some enjoyable moments but I definitely had more bad moments, I could let the uneven surface thing go if the respawn timer wasn’t so long. Overall its a snake game but it has many annoying choices that definitely hamper enjoyment. Overlook it and fine you get some bite-sized snake otherwise go for the easy trophies.