Review: Clicker Heroes (PlayStation 4)
Ever wondered what one quadrillion damage per second feels like? Well now you can find out as clicker games make there way onto PlayStation 4. Prepare your thumb as this is gonna be a loooong ride!
- Big bright cartoon graphics.
- Its FREE.
- Clicker game play. Press a button to attack or hire people to do it for/with you.
- Kill monsters for gold, Use gold to level up heroes, Unlock new moves or hire more heroes.
- 67.05MB download size.
- 12 Trophies to earn.
- Game plays itself. DPS determines how much damage your heroes do when your not pressing a button. Level them up to increase the damage.
- Game keeps earning you money even when you turn it off!
- Damage is the amount of damage you do when you press the button, Combine this with the DPS and you are laughing.
- Kill 10 monsters to advance a level, Every 5th level is a mini boss and on the 10th level you get a stronger boss to fight in a time limit or you fail and immediately try again.
- Monsters get higher health bars as you advance but also give more gold when defeated.
- You can freely and quickly jump between levels unlocked.
- Simple controls. Square does your attack and L2 and R2 change levels and right stick is used to change menu screen on the right and clicking the stick will bring up a tooltip. Changes between menu on the left and right is done with the left stick.
- Options-show gold,show damage,tiny monsters,show individual hero dps,always use scientific notation,relic found pop ups,auto progress.
- Easy trophies. Long time to get some but easy enough.
- Can turn music on/off as well as the sound effects.
- Addictive game and I mean proper addictive.
- Many heroes to unlock each with powers to increase your stats or your dps or even unlock new powerful moves.
- Unlock abilities that once used, Have a ten minute cooldown. An example of an ability is get 100% dps bonus for 30 seconds or automatically perform 10 clicks per second.
- Has its own in game achievements.
- Full stats breakdown of every possible thing.
- Autosaves like every 30 seconds.
- Can change the way you spend gold. By this I mean you can simply level up as you have the gold one by one or you can do it so it upgrades to the maximum that your gold allows.
- Dangerously addictive.
- Same gameplay over and over.
- IAP for gems to speed progress but totally optional.
- No tutorial of any kind.
- Music is proper rubbish.
- Will eventually kill your square button.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 4/104/10
- Accessability - 7/107/10
- Length - 9/109/10
- Fun Factor - 6/106/10
Clicker Heroes is addictive stuff, Its become a thing now where clicker games are sneaking onto the consoles. It started with Plantera on 3DS and now we have this. Its a really easy to play game. I say play, The game can play its bastard self! Its a novelty and something to get easy trophies from for free. Yes it has its moments but at the end of the day boredom will seep in and you find other things to do. It has all the clicker traits and it does a good job on PS4. I just wonder how many people can actually be bothered to play/watch it. We shall see….