Review: Comic Book Maker On Nintendo eShop
Now for the first time, You can create your own comics on your 3DS. Bringing all the options and power a person would need and its all available in the palm of your hand! Make your own Manga inspired pieces of art with this piece of software.
- Comic book making app for the Nintendo DS.
- Left/Right handed options, Can be changed whenever from the main menu.
- Huge detailed tutorial section. Covering everything from speech bubbles to layers to frames, Its all in there. 28 tutorials in total and the game ticks completed ones.
- The whole game is done via the touchscreen, Buttons and the d pad are used as short cuts.
- High presentation values, The menu animations and general sleekness of it all is really good.
- You can set the size of pages and use themes if you wish, You set the height and width or can opt for an illustration heavy theme or standard Manga style.
- Every them/Page setup then has over a dozen templates to choose from. Templates will do all the box layouts and page appearance stuff.
- You can save projects to SD card and put them on PC.
- You can take screenshots of your pages.
- Good page management which is a huge plus as you will have many pages saved within the project folder.
- User interface is really easy to use so tasks like choosing pages or navigating themes is easy.
- Really powerful app that can do anything comic book related from free hand to text boxes, Add layers add speech bubbles and so much more.
- Auto saves regularly.
- Album of songs and you can choose any song to play in the background at any time.
- Helpful tips icon littered around the screens.
- Make your own stickers and rollers for your projects.
- The music may be plentiful but its all ambient numbers that grind after a while.
- The in project menus are easy to navigate but only after a ot of learning and at first its all rather messy looking.
- Easy to accidentally hit the quit button and get the quit prompt.
- Doing the tutorial is a must as going in cold is frustrating and you don’t really get tips, more a case of helpful reminders.
- A lot of learning and time investment is needed.
- Learning the difference between story board and clean copy is hard enough but flipping between them is even harder and mind boggling at times.
In Summary, If comic books are your thing then you are in for a treat. Just to warn everyone first, This is in no way a quick easy way to get into comic book creating. the app is powerful and does allow you to do anything you could imagine (except that) but it does require a LOT of time put into it. Re visiting the tutorials is not unheard of and even then you will still feel lost at times.That aside the app is really well done and gives you so many tools. If you are willing to put the time in, You will get a lot out of it.