Review: Cosmophony Wii U
Cosmophony is a musical shooter designed for demanding gamers seeking an original and intense gaming experience. You must control the heart of a fallen goddess within a dying universe in order to fulfill her destiny. Your goal is to progress through a series of levels designed to be played to an exhilarating, 100% drum and bass soundtrack by DJ Salaryman (DnB Arena, RAM records).
- Simplistic graphics with an emphasis more on speed than visuals.
- Tunnel rythmic shooter. Use the music to your advantage and learn the tune to know whats coming up and when to shoot. Making the game a shooter with an almost rhythm based game. Avoid obstacles and shoot objects and reach the goal end.
- Gameplay is mirrored on GamePad and TV.
- 5 levels to battle through as they get progressivly harder.
- Practice mode available to learn the levels.
- Excellent top notch drum and bass soundtrck. The best part of the game is the music and worth the price of admission alone.
- You can use the D-Pad or analogue.
- Death resets you back at the begininng.
- Percentage bar to show how far in the level you are.
- Counter of how many object targets you have in the level and also how many you have shot down.
- Best run percentage is shown on restarts and kept in your records.
- Quick reset button.
- Small file size.
- Cheap price point.
- Opening tutorial area explaining the rules.
- Addictive game play with the now much loved “one more go” tagline.
- The view takes a while to get used too, It feels like its not quite lined up properly.
- The reset level load is not instant.
- Only 5 levels to play through.
- Brutal difficulty.
- Not for beginners or shooter novices.
In Summary, The game is actually really good fun. I mean if your version of fun is getting your ass kicked, constantly swearing at the screen and loving the art of the retry philosophy. For here you have a game that starts off nice and slow, easy to learn and gain momentum. Five minutes later you are swearing at anything and everything on screen. You start fluffing shots or hitting walls. The game is nails ut you love it for it. If you want a challenge then your in luck! This game is no good to non shooter fans or average players, This is for the hardcore sadistic shooter fans!