Review: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (Steam)
our favorite marsupial, Crash Bandicoot, is back! He’s enhanced, entranced and ready-to-dance with the N. Sane Trilogy. Relive all your favorite moments in Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back and Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped, now in fully-remastered graphical glory!
- Fantastic graphics.
- Steam achievements.
- 29901MB Download size.
- Graphics options- Display, Resolution, FPS 30 or 60, V-Sync, Motion blur, Preset graphics, AA, Shadow/ambient/bloom settings, depth of field and fur blur.
- Can rebind keyboard keys.
- Controller support.
- Three games in one! Original Crash Bandicoot, Cortex strikes back and Warped.
- Includes the newly released DLC.
- Can skip cutscenes and beginning video.
- Runs really well on my GTX 970.
- Autosave enabled/disabled.
- Online leaderboard support.
- Fast loading times.
- Action platformer gameplay.
- Apples- Collect 100 for an extra life. Collect them in level and from breaking crates.
- World map level select.
- Big boss fights.
- A lot of replayability- Break all crate runs for a crystal, Time attack and alternate routes will keep you coming back time after time.
- Bonus areas in levels.
- Boxes/crates- Spin or jump on the many crate types.
- Levels can mix up the perspective, Sometimes going side screen or you play a runner level.
- The humor throughout including comical deaths.
- In game collectibles from diamonds to Ankhs and more.
- Classic soundtrack.
- Can play any game at any time meaning no unlocks.
- Can replay levels.
- Play as COCO in any game on any level near enough.
- Fun to play.
- Steam trading cards.
- Nostalgic yet modern.
- Plays differently from the original thanks to some tweaks and how the jump works. Basically making the game harder but also challenging pros and noobies alike.
- Doesn’t play well if you have your magnifier on in Windows. I do as I play on a big screen, Turning it off fixed it but otherwise, it makes the screen like 4 times bigger than it needs to be meaning you cannot see or select options.
- Can be hard to read some button icons.
- Hard to judge jumps.
- The tweaks have made everything much harder.
- Extra lives icon shows as Crash even if you are playing as COCO.
- Graphics - 9/109/10
- Sound - 9/109/10
- Accessability - 9/109/10
- Length - 9/109/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10
A solid port of a classic game, I had a few initial issues getting the game to run but hey Windows gonna Windows. Once up and running the addiction, The anger and the swearing began. The game is everything you remember except a lot more difficult and punishing. It runs really well and I had everything maxed on my GTX970 and have no issues or slowdowns. Crash Bandicoot is finally on PC and it is a thing of beauty and a game you can easily fall in love with all over again.