Review: Curses ‘N Chaos (PS4)
Cursed by the evil Wizard King, bounty hunters Lea and Leo are chased by every monster in the kingdom and the Grim Reaper himself!
- Pixel art graphics.
- Cross buy PS4/Vita.
- Small download size (190mb)
- 21 Trophies.
- Wave based side scrolling brawler gameplay.
- 2 Player local or online co op.
- 2 Characters to choose from.
- Levels are time based and you have to kill all enemies within the time otherwise Death will turn up and can one shot kill you.
- Enemies randomly drop coins/items and powerups.
- Crafting-Use the collected ingredents and mix them with other ingredients, You do not know the recipes so its trial and error until you get it right. Once found it will show up in your recipes.
- Shop sells items and weapons. You can also sell unwanted items or bits of scrap from bad ingredient mixing.
- Owl sidekick- You can call the owl in and have him store an item for you and call him back in when needed. Works like a saved item.
- Chain attacks to increase the chances of good drops.
- Big huge boss battles where learning the attack pattern is key.
- Bit tune soundtrack.
- Over 12 arenas to unlock and fight in.
- Best score shows above each arena.
- Grimoire shows unlocked items,monsters and recipes.
- Loads of creative enemies. Not just your standard skeletons, But also jumping frogs,witches and so many more.
- Simple control scheme.
- Brutal yet addictive gameplay.
- No tutorial.
- No indication of connection status in online games.
- Jump attacks are tricky.
- Difficult gameplay.
- Mixing is random.
- Luck plays a part of a good run.
Curses ‘N Chaos is yet another feather in Tribute Games cap. Looking every bit as awesome as the last game, It deceives you in to thinking all is well in the game. Pfft fat chance as the game is brutal! It will go all out to destroy as quickly as possible. Only planning and skill will get you through this. It has a hook with the mixing of ingredients that really gives the game a lot of legs for all the fighting you may just make a game changing item. Gameplay goes back to the old days of classic brawlers with lush pixel graphics and creative monsters, The game is hard but you like it that way even if you would never admit it. Its a solid game a game that you will shout at,swear at and vow never to play again. Only to pick it up again straight away. In short you will curse n the chaos around you will test you, and its one of the best brawlers this year!