Review: Devious Dungeon (PlayStation 4)
Under orders by the King, players assume the control of a Knight instructed to head into the catacombs beneath the Kingdom, to slay the foul beasts and monstrosities that have invaded the murky depths.
- Pixel graphics.
- 81.64MB Download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- Cross-buy with Vita and PS3.
- Dungeon crawler/platformer gameplay.
- Simple two button system with you just jumping and attacking.
- Coins- Kill enemies and smash boxes.
- Secret areas.
- Hub- Shop to buy new gear and use the level select portal.
- Unlock shortcuts to later levels.
- Big boss battles.
- Simple to play.
- Surprisingly addictive.
- Stats screen.
- Shop- Buy weapons and armor to increase your stats.
- Three save slots.
- Easy trophy list.
- Quests- Optional and rewards you with coins. Generally, they are quests like kill x amount of people or collect x amount of gold.
- Over 60 levels across five worlds.
- Wide selection of enemy types.
- Nice soundtrack.
- Levels randomize every time you play.
- Quit mid-level will lose process as it only saves at level start and end.
- No touchscreen support on Vita.
- Doesn’t use the DS4 touchpad.
- The screen just looks blown up and for some of the pixel art, it just looks wrong.
- The slowdown is apparent throughout and is not fun when timing jumps or attacks.
- Can be seen as too basic.
- Little variety.
- No replay value.
- Graphics - 6/106/10
- Sound - 6/106/10
- Accessability - 8/108/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 6/106/10
This version of the game on PlayStation 4 I would have to say is the worst version so far, It has the constant slowdown and the game doesn’t look as nice blown up on the big screen.It is a good timewaster and you can jump in and out at any time but long sessions will bore you, The repetitiveness of it all will grind and upgrading items whilst simple is very minimal in the grand scheme of things. I did like it but only for a few hours then I grew tired and saw everything it has to offer.