Review: Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance (PS4)
In Disgaea 5, lead Killia and his tenacious army of rebels on their dark and dangerous path to vengeance.
- Crisp HD graphics that just pop off the screen.
- Opening and ongoing tutorial support. (optional)
- Familiar controls synonymous to the series with vets and newcomers able to pick up and play.
- Full Platinum trophy.
- Can skip/Fast forward text conversations.
- Absolutely bat sh*t mental story that is engrossing as it is humorous.
- Turn based combat. You can move attack or use an item within your turn.
- Anime cut scenes.
- Fast loading times.
- Japanese and English voice work.
- Main hub that holds everything together. Here you will find the shops, missions, item world, talk with characters, save/load and so much more.
- MVP-At the end of a level the top 3 performers will get bonus exp.
- DLC shop to buy and activate DLC.
- Nether news: In game news reel service.
- Skill shop: strengthen or weaken skills.
- Revenge mode: Take damage and fill your bar to unleash a buff that causes stronger attacks, better high level gear to drop and looks amazing.
- Innocents: Allows you to upgrade items and add/remove innocents to items and weapons.
- Evilities: Learn new attacks as you level and buy them.
- Overload: super powerful attack.
- 100’s of hours gameplay.
- Damage number racks up in the billions! Insane damage numbers.
- More enemies on screen than ever before.
- Item world: Enter your weapon and traverse the many layers of the dungeon to level the weapon up but also gain rarer drops.
- Recruit: Unlock and recruit new allies. Choose the species and abilities and pay the price.
- Side missions: Optional but they do have really good rewards. You can carry upto 10 at any time and constantly get updated.
- Shops: Buy/sell enough items from a shop and level them up to recieve special rewards. Even using the infirmary and healing your team can get you leveled up.
- A lot to take in.
- Slow paced gameplay especially at the begininng.
- Constant difficulty spikes.
- Possible to screw your game up with bad save management.
- Repatitive formula.
- Can be hard to progress story purely for the fact that the missions are not always explained very well.
- No in game notification of completing side quests.
- Cannot view all info in game like missions or side quests.