Review: Door Kickers: Action Squad (PlayStation 4)
- Modern pixel graphics.
- 75.25mb download size.
- Online leaderboards.
- Platinum trophy.
- 3 modes-classic/infinity tower/zombie Invasion.
- Two-player local co-op support.
- 2D shooter gameplay with a puzzle element.
- Online co-op- Quick match, Host public or private servers.
- Five operatives- Assaulter, Breacher, Shield, Agent, and Recon. Each has unique stats and weapon load-outs.
- Earn EXP for individual operatives and use skill points to add new buffs/abilities or increase stats.
- Loadout- Primary weapon, Two gear slots, and an ultimate move.
- Catchy soundtrack.
- Keep any earned EXP even if you die in the level.
- Five episodes- Gangland, Radicals, Red alert, Big Apple and Cartel.
- 12 levels in each episode.
- Has a serious Broforce vibe about it.
- 1-3 star rank for level completion.
- Easy enough to learn.
- Clever level design.
- Secret collectibles.
- Scenarios mode.
- Only one layout.
- Issues with ladders registering.
- A lot of trial and error.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessibility - 8/108/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10
The original Doorkickers was a technical play by play game with a lot of prep and planning needed in order to survive, Here its the complete opposite! Arcade action a-go-go! You can play with a friend and go nuts in this crazy over the top action-puzzle type shooter. The progression is excellent as you can just play the character you like and improve them, The controls are tight and responsive. Levels are designed in a way where they are difficult but also have multiple ways to tackle them. It really is a smart game that I wish did a proper tutorial and explain how it all works but after a few swearing fits it all clicks. It has Broforce vibes what with the carnage and style and that’s a compliment, Its a serious Broforce if you will and well worth your time even if you play solo, Its just good fun.