Review: Downwell (Steam)
Downwell is a curious game about a young person venturing down a well in search of untold treasures with only his Gunboots to protect him.
- Pixel Graphics.
- Full controller support.
- Steam achievements.
- Palette: Change colour of game graphics and overall theme. Unlock such classics as Game Boy style, Virtua Boy and many more.
- Style: Unlock new character animations that change the gameplay like find more health or only find guns etc.
- Stats section showcasing furthest level reached, Most gems collected, Longest combo and fastest time.
- Full online leaderboard support.
- Tate mode.
- Border art can be changed from the pause menu.
- Multi language support.
- Earn points and fill the progress bar. Fill it to unlock new styles and palettes.
- Simple one button controls.
- Gameplay is a simple one. Get to the bottom of the well, Killing enemies, collecting gems and finding secret rooms on the way.
- End of level bonus. Pick from a selection of buffs like restore health, lasers or many other ones.
- Small download size: 32MB.
- End of life score breakdown. Level reached, Gems, kills, Max combo and time.
- Gunboots: used to shoot block and enemies. Infinite ammo but does have a reload/cooldown timer.
- No detailed graphic options.
- Can get repatitive.
- Some other pathetic excuse to fill this section out.