Review: Dustoff Heli Rescue 2 (PlayStation 4)
In Dustoff Heli Rescue 2 you can: Save hostages being held in Prisoner of War camps. Combat in military attacks in the desert, forests, mines, swamps, and fjords.
- Voxel pixel graphics.
- 2203MB download size.
- Opening tutorial.
- World map level select.
- Gameplay revolves around flying a helicopter and rescuing your troops but also taking out the enemy and getting collectibles.
- 2.5D game World.
- Can replay levels.
- Earn coins by killing enemies.
- Landing zones- Used to save your game and top up ammo and heal up using your coins.
- Flying is good once you learn it, Feather touches and momentum will get you through this.
- Clear UI with a map on the bottom and health/ammo shown.
- Earn 3 stars per level, One star for beating the target time, One for staying alive and one for killing everyone.
- Controls-L1 and R1 with your stick to fly and shooting is automatic.
- Unlock new choppers and weapons as you progress.
- Stars unlock new levels.
- The game looks great.
- Platinum trophy.
- A lot of replayability.
- Varied missions.
- Over 30 levels.
- Brilliant time waster.
- The high learning curve with the flying.
- Dying in the tutorial has you restarting the game from scratch.
- Inconsistent difficulties.
- You feel weak against the guns.
- Only one controller layout.
- The presentation feels that of a mobile game.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessability - 7/107/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
Fun little game, Granted it looks and feels like a mobile game but it does have charm and plenty of playability. I would prefer to play it on a handheld but once you get over the controls of the helicopter, The game is a lot of fun and well worth checking out.