Review: Epic Dumpster Bear Dumpster Fire Redux (PlayStation 4)
The “Epic Dumpster Bear: Dumpster Fire Redux” edition is the director’s cut of the cult indie hit with new levels and more cinematics exploring dumpster bear’s past.
- Ok graphics.
- 1.31GB Download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- Platformer gameplay.
- Three save slots.
- Each level has many collectibles from Salmon coins to coins.
- Simple basic move set- Jump, Wall jump and run.
- Kill enemies by jumping on them.
- Collect gold coins and use them to unlock bonus levels or to continue from a checkpoint in a level following a game over.
- End of level mini game- You drop down and must belly flop onto a target.
- Level select map.
- Can replay levels.
- Seven worlds and over 65 levels to complete
- Multiple route levels.
- Controls are solid, Jumping and climbing feel firm and responsive.
- Many enemy types from cows to drones to drones carrying cows or even alligators in barrels.
- Secret exits.
- Powerups grant new powers like double jump or bombs as an example.
- It is fun to play.
- Two hearts- Each hit you lose one, Lose both and its game over.
- Witty lore/facts on loading screens.
- Fast loading.
- A lot of replayabnbility.
- Boss fights.
- Ongoing tutorials.
- Best score and level time is shown on the level select screen.
- Looks like a flash game.
- Not the best music, Very generic.
- Some dubious animations.
- No leaderboards.
- Time isnt shown in the game.
- Some dodge AI tactics.
- Sometimes the level doesnt scroll with you.
- Cannot look around a level like below you or above you.
- Wall jumping is a bit off thanks to the way the hang on mechanic works.
- Stamps- Nopt sure what they are really but they dont do anything.
- Enemies are very basic.
- Graphics - 5/105/10
- Accessability - 8/108/10
- Sound - 6/106/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
You know what the game does look like clipart just threw up all over the screen then charged you for it. Truth is whilst it is not a look by any means it is, in fact, a very fun game. Now my favorite guilty pleasure, I started off hating the Bear. He looked like a Man in a suit who was in desperate need of watering while being forced to entertain kids or he won’t get paid, But he soon grows on you and it is his game and he is the game! I mean he looks stupid but its so charming! Never judge a game by its graphics, This is a solid platformer.