Review: Everybody’s Golf (PlayStation 4)
This is the golf game for everyone where fun, laughter and excitement are par for the course.
- Cartoon graphics.
- 17.59GB Download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- Auto saves.
- Golf game if you couldnt guess.
- Home area- Huge open space you can explore, Houses the shop, tournament desk, online lobby entrances, fishing spot, NPC to talk to and play quick games and customise your golfer and caddy.
- Practice your shots with the shot bar on the loading screens.
- Tutorial support from your caddy.
- Simple controls. Uses the d-pad for aiming shots and X to take the shot.
- No loading between holes.
- Arcade golf presentation.
- Earn EXP and level up your golfer to unlock new locations, Level up golf clubs by using them to improve there stats. You have an overall rank that is used to unlock new vs characters which unlocks new clothing, events and abilities like swimming.
- Character- Fully customisable from size to every aspect of clothing. You can have several loadouts as it were, And can change it up when ever you are in your home hub.
- Puting green- Grid that help shows any bumps and judge distances.
- Tee ground- You can choose where to tee off in the designated area.
- Hole types- Normal, tornado, mega and teeny are just a few of the whacky hole modifiers.
- Bouncy captivating soundtrack.
- Uses DS4 touchpad and speaker.
- Very very easy to get into and very approachable for new players.
- Single player- Play tournaments to unlock a vs character, Beat 3 vs character to unlock the next rank of tournaments.
- Serious- You can enhance the AI skills by playing serious mode on a hole. You get extra EXP and more money and a better chance at better loot at the end.
- Daily- Every day you can play a 9 hole tournament online and get a provisional rank. The better you do the better the loot the next day.
- Weather- Day/dusk with wind and rain weather types oh and sunny.
- Club selection- Auto picks but you can easily change em with the shoulder buttons.
- Maintains the Claphanz atmospher of fun and easy gameplay.
- Five loactions standard with a few course layout changes like mirror.
- Replay of chip in shots that gets auto saved.
- Gallery members- Perform well in tournaments to have extra people turn up to appear in your courses, Also unlocks loot at milestones.
- Caddy- Unlock new ones but they hand out tips and give you commentary on your performance.
- 60fps shot bar. When you initiate it, The world pauses until you have played your shot.
- Full stats breakdown screen.
- Can check friends stats.
- Activities- Swimming, fishing and racing golf carts can be unlocked.
- Can invert axis control.
- PlayStation Pro support- 4K, 60fps and standard.
- HDR support.
- Can change text colour and speed.
- Online turf war and open course outside of private matches.
- Turf war- Team based mode red vs blue. Play your holes in any order within the time limit and earn a score for your team, Team with the most holes wins.
- Open course- wander around the course and find hidden collectibles like coins and presents with clothing items in them. You can also play single holes or do the 9 hole.
- Absolute joy to play.
- Pick up and play.
- Some bad looking characters.
- Having to press X every time you level up a club is annoying.
- Not everyone will like the fact so much content is locked behind the single player. This includes having to level up clubs.
- You have to unlock the special moves.
- Long load times.
- Shop is basically pointless.
- A lot of in app purchases.
- Limited use balls.
- AI can be a cheap and always play perfect shots.
- No animals walking around and no Ladybird on the golf ball close up shot!
- Graphics - 9/109/10
- Sound - 9/109/10
- Accessability - 9/109/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10
- Length - 9/109/10
Clap Hanz have done it again! They have made a golf game that is so intoxicating and fun to play. Some may not like the leveling of the clubs but for me its ok as I like the constant feel good moments they put into the game, The game is just full of happy and even bad shots dont see you getting a load of abuse. They have maintained the already perfected controls and feel of the game. They take out all the needless complexity and give you a polished arcade golfer that every PlayStation owner should own. This is golf but not as you know it!