Review: Extreme Exorcism (PS4)
Extreme Exorcism is a paranormal platformer where every move you make comes back to haunt you.
- Pixel art graphics.
- Three game modes:
- Arcade-kill ghosts and unlock levels.
- Challenges-Battle through 5 laid out tiers.
- 1-4 player offline.
- Full leader board support.
- 2D fighter in an ever changing arena.
- Ghosts copy your actions from the last round including picking up guns and shooting.
- Increasing difficulty as more ghosts copy you.
- Exorcism pick up is unique as it kills ghosts permanently.
- Spooky piano soundtrack.
- Kill the crowned ghost to instantly end the round.
- Score points and unlock new guns and levels.
- Eight areas with five levels in each.
- Handful of characters to choose from.
- Simple two button control scheme.
- Frantic game play.
- Opening tutorial.
- Can replay levels.
- Weapon drops and locations are random.
- Tons of replay level.
- 13 Trophies.
- Best played in co-op.
- Unique in that you do not need to actually finish the level to unlock the rewards.
- No online play.
- Needs more character choice.
- Unlocked weapons can take ages to show up in game.
- Few instances of dubious hit detection.
- Single player is a lot slower than multiplayer.
- Repetitive game play.