Review: F1 2019 (PlayStation 4)
F1 2019, the official videogame, challenges you to defeat your rivals in the most ambitious F1 game in Codemasters’ history. F1 2019 features all the official teams, drivers and all 21 circuits from the season. This year sees the inclusion of F2 with players able to compete in the 2018 season.
- Realistic crisp graphics.
- 53.77gb download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- HDR support.
- Character creator-45 avatars, country, name, audio name, number.
- Racing gameplay.
- Full commentary.
- Full HD/OD setup with options like Flags, Notifications, Speedo, Reus, Lap counter, Lap times, Opacity and many more.
- Tutorial tips as you play.
- Solo modes-career, Grand Prix, championship and time trials.
- Customisation-driver (glove, helmet, suit, shoes) driver icon, multiplayer cars like the color and livery.
- Super license-seen was online by everyone and displays all your stats, level, and any trophies earned.
- Much cleaner user interface.
- Autosave on/off.
- Telemetry settings- UDP mode, UDP port, and UDP format.
- Full camera setup and a FOV slider.
- The sound is phenomenal with each car sounding different, Skids and scrapes sound brilliant.
- R+D tree in the campaign. Earn resource points from racing, Spend points in the big skill tree. It is split into 4 categories- Chasis, Durability, Powertrain, and aerodynamics. All upgrades are not instantly applied instead take a set amount of time.
- 7 driving camera views- Wing, Nose, Cockpit, TV pod, TV pod offset, Near chase and far chase.
- TV show presentation.
- Multiplayer modes- weekly event, leagues, ranked, unranked and LAN games.
- Theatre-watch replays and highlights.
- Showroom-look at cars from 2018, 2019 and classic.
- Ai difficulty slider-0-110 which is very easy to ultimate.
- Career-pick a team for the F2 series (can skip) take part in some set pieces and then sign with an f1 team and play.
- The photo mode- Can change time and weather with all settings you hope to see in a photo mode like a vignette, brightness, saturation, depth of field, f-stop and more.
- Press interactions-multiple choice interactions with press affect morale with parts of your organization like r &d or sportsmanship.
- Can change settings on loading screens.
- Solid responsive controls.
- Uses DS4 speaker to relay info from your team, get positions, etc.
- F1 esports section-rules, how to enter, watch replays, standings and watch live.
- Not every driver number is available.
- In-app purchases for cosmetics.
- Feels at times you getting unfairly punished in collisions.
- Small in-game text.
- A lot of jargon.
- Possible to press a button or direction by accident and just fill the screen with menus and prompts.
- A couple of zombie looking characters.
- Press sections still feel like an unnecessary filler.
- Graphics - 10/1010/10
- Sound - 10/1010/10
- Accessibility - 9/109/10
- Length - 9/109/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10
Another year and another formula 1 game is upon us. Following the trend, F1 2019 is last years game with a few more tweaks and additions in a nutshell. For me, this is the year that an F1 game has not only clicked with me but had me playing it far more than usual. I can’t put it on one individual thing but instead, I think it’s the year everything clicked into place, the controls are so smooth and responsive, I found I just drove better, I would do full weekends and improve lap times rather than skip to race. I paid attention to my levels and took my time with the still extensive upgrade tree. Sure little has changed overall but it set me up for a better time straight away in the career. Now you can do the F2 series and here you get cutscenes of tension between teams, you see the race playing out and usually something bad happens then you take over control. It’s kind of like when the journey came to Fifa, it was a new way of adding a bit story to what is quite a bland mode. I got bummed out later however when all the cutscenes and set pieces dried up, I would have wanted a lot more but alas it was not to be but by then I was already hooked on times. I can easily say this game has definitely improved and feels a lot better over last years edition and is an absolute must for f1 fans and hell even driving fans, in general, should check it out.