Review: Fear The Wolves (Steam)
Fear the Wolves is a competitive Battle Royale FPS by Vostok Games. Escape Chernobyl pursued by mutants, radiation, horrific anomalies, the weather, and other players.
- Nice graphics.
- 15471MB download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Graphics-resolution, display mode, motion blur, v-sync, FPS limit, render resolution, AA, post process quality.
- Invert axis, sensitivity sliders and you can rebind keys.
- Battle Royale gameplay.
- Doesn’t do the circle mechanic, instead of blocks on the grid fill in as you play.
- 3 types of zones-anomalies, adrenaline, and radiation.
- Anomalies mess with you by making noises and having things appear. Adrenaline is an area where you need to run out of the area. Radiation is straight up death over time.
- Basic controller support.
- Play solo tick box otherwise it’s duos.
- A cool world to explore.
- Wide selection of weapons and attachments.
- Decent sound effects.
- Easy to use map and waypoint.
- Day/night cycle.
- Pre match lobby allows you to loot, shoot and die respawn as you wait.
- Has PVE elements with wolves attacking you.
- Long boot up time.
- No tutorial just a few tips on loading screens.
- No squads mode.
- If you go in solo, you still face off against duos.
- Low player count.
- Long matchmaking times.
- Poor skin designs, not very attractive.
- Clipping issues.
- Wolf AI is all over the place.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessability - 7/107/10
- Length - 5/105/10
- Fun Factor - 5/105/10
Fear The Wolves is a spin on the popular battle Royale and to be honest, it has some really cool ideas. The game world is a fallout style wasteland of a world that was once inhabitable but now decaying and wrecked. There is no circle to guide players together, instead of the grids on the map slowly fill in with one of 3 types. In theory, it sounds cool but in practice, it splits players up even more so which in turn drags the game on. I say drags the game in but that is widely dependent on if you can actually get into a game! I have struggled constantly trying at different times with no luck. I basically go in and play the pre-lobby shooting wolves. Not fun. The gameplay is solid, a wide range of attachments mix it up. So is it worth playing? No not really unless you have enough friends to fill your own server. Even away from that, the skins that battle Royale games thrive off, are low key and not desirable so why even bother. It’s a huge shame as with a few updates and constant player count, fear the Wolves could have been something. I’m not saying it’s a pubg or apex killer but it would have provided an alternative experience but already in the day and age, you cannot charge for a battle Royale game standalone.