Review: Final Days (Steam)
Final Days is an arcade-style co-op shooter where you battle endless hordes of mutants. As the hordes grow into the hundreds, work together with your team to survive the onslaught!
- Nice graphics.
- Controller support.
- 230MB Download size.
- Three modes- Multiplayer, Offline, and basic training.
- Graphics- Fullscreen, Resolution, V-Sync, Graphic quality presets and frame rate.
- Parental controls for gore. (Uses a password system)
- Twin stick shooter gameplay.
- Online leaderboards and filters.
- Basic training- Tutorial.
- Steam achievements.
- Offline- Two campaigns, Last stand, and eradication.
- Steam workshop support.
- Bot support.
- Online- MP- Search/browse servers.
- Gameplay- Survive wave based onslaughts.
- Play campaign to unlock new modes and maps.
- Health and shield pickups.
- Quickly change between gun types as in the shooting. Change to burst/auto/single.
- Final Days has arcade style pop-ups for scores.
- Pick up ammo from the enemy.
- Different ammo for different shooting types.
- A minimap that shows ammo/health and enemies.
- Likable score chaser.
- End of level breakdown.
- Can drag parts of the environment around and make barricades.
- Enemies counter.
- Light and dark play a huge part. You have a torch and outside of illuminating an are, The level is in pitch black.
- Levels vary it up and sometimes you have to explore the enemy to find the kill zone or zombies will bang on doors.
- Final Days is a crazy frantic shooter.
- Team- 3 players and as said you can add bots.
- You can respawn in many of the modes as long as at least one team member is alive.
- Light and dark are very jarring.
- Bots are not the best.
- Simple gameplay.
- Little online opportunities due to low numbers.
- Ammo drops on minimap look like enemies making it hard to work out in a pinch.
- No real camera control.
- You have to unlock the other modes.
- Despite sensitivity settings, it still feels too fast and twitchy.
- The controller is weaker than mouse and keyboard.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessability - 7/107/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
Final Days is a competent shooter and one with clearly a lot of love thrown into it. It has a lot going for it from making barricades to the intense close quarter’s combat, Steam workshop means it will always have something new to try. I just wish I could dull the dark/light mechanic down. My eyes have real trouble going between light and dark especially at the frequency the game changes it up. Parts of the combat can be annoying like the chase down the power of a zombie is quite high. The single player play is fine but if you need to rely on the AI bots then you are in trouble. Overall I was surprised how much was under the hood, Unfortunately, I fear many people will overlook this game when in reality it is a fine example of top-down wave-based action.