Review: Fire Pro Wrestling World (PlayStation 4)
The greatest grappling game returns to take on the world on the PlayStation®4 system! In Fire Pro Wrestling World, customize every aspect of the match, from your wrestler to the ring itself, to fight your way to the championship belt!
- Great graphics.
- 4.03GB Download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- Decent camera.
- Fantastic animations.
- Easy to learn.
- Four modes- Offline, Online, Edit, and Fighting road.
- Proper arcade presentation.
- Edit mode- Wrestler, referee, team, ring, belt, FPW net, and moves.
- Offline- Exhibition, tournament, league, battle royal, view title records and mission mode.
- Online- Quick match, custom and create a 2-4 player.
- Fighting road- Story mode using the official NJPW (New Japan pro wrestling) roster and wins/losses change how the story progresses.
- Powerful editor and is possible to make all wrestlers from other organizations. You can even put in their moves and music somewhat.
- Has all the classic game modes like TLC, cage, tables etc.
- Three difficulties for the Fighting road- Easy, Normal and hard.
- Fighting road- Can fast forward/skip text. You create a wrestler to use in this mode.
- Runs really well.
- Ultimate sandbox experience.
- Great fun to play.
- No private lobby options.
- Lacks a proper tutorial.
- Slight learning curve as the controls and timing have a knack to it.
- Cannot share/download other peoples creations.
- Long initial load.
- Very daunting editor.
- Lots of loading.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessability - 7/107/10
- Length - 9/109/10
- Fun Factor - 10/1010/10
Wrestling games have not been good for many many years on current consoles. Hearing that the beloved Fire Pro wrestling franchise was making the jump to current gen I remained optimistic. To be honest, it felt the same as always upon boot up, Kind of weird button delay weird timing thing it uses still had me screaming for the first hour or so. Then I got into the editor and man oh man after recreating the Bushwhackers and taking the tag team division by storm I can confirm this is the game every wrestling fan needs. This game gives you all the tools you could ever need and lets you go nuts with it. The story mode is not to be sniffed at either as for the first time ever it has official NJPW roster support and is a great way to learn the legends names of the sport. It really is a decent package. It lacks the true freedom the Steam version has and doesn’t atm allow sharing and downloading of creations which is a bummer, The editor is so deep you will be looking at a wall of text and options but its all worth the effort, For me the true wrestling game experience and a must own!