Review: Flat Heroes (Steam)
Flat Heroes encourages you to stylishly navigate and survive over 300 handcrafted levels, destroy the most epic bosses around and truly be the two-dimensional hero (or heroes!) you’ve always dreamed you could be. Here is our Flat Heroes review.
- Minimalistic graphics.
- 149MB Download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Controller support.
- Gameplay is a mix of puzzle platformer and survival.
- The goal gets out of the way of attacks and uses platforms and walls to survive.
- Three modes-Campaign, Survival, and VS.
- Graphics options- Resolution, Screen shake and fullscreen.
- Twitch integration.
- VS- Zones, Battle, Runner, and catch.
- AI support basically adds bots.
- 14 Local multiplayer support and you can use a combo of pads and keyboard.
- Big clever boss battles.
- Amazing level design.
- Daily challenge mode.
- Online Leaderboards.
- Simple one-button control.
- Jump and stick to walls.
- Instant loading.
- Pin perfect control.
- Great fun in multiplayer.
- Hard to put down.
- Teaches you to learn patterns.
- No online multiplayer.
- Have to unlock survival and extra modes.
- No actual tutorial or explanation for the game mechanics and how the other modes work.
- Minimal graphics options.
- Little replay value if playing single player only.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessability - 7/107/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
A minimalist game that packs a lot of game into the package. Your goal in the game is to avoid and survive the onslaught of the enemy in every level, They get progressively tougher with early levels just a case of hiding under platforms but later levels have missiles that chase you, Moving platforms and so much more. For the game to be fun it needed tight pixel perfect controls and this has it, Almost N++ in its execution, You can jump off walls to climb then and stick if needs are, Either way, the game gives you everything you need to survive. The daily challenge is a good way to give your brain a quick workout or raise your blood pressure, One or the other. Multiplayer is top drawer fun, Having four people on the screen ramps up the difficulty, the stress and the fun. But alas it is local only but then any lag online would ruin the experience but still. If you plan on getting this for just solo play then you do have bots and a quite lengthy campaign, But once you have exhausted these the fun will fade. Flip side if you get it for multiplayer, Hours upon hours of fun.