Review: FutureGrind (PlayStation 4)
Nail the perfect line in the future’s most challenging stunt sport! Grab your bike and hit the rails in this stylish stunt-racer all about tricks, skill, and speed. Chain together huge combos on tracks made of floating rails, but watch out: touch the rail of the wrong color and you’ll explode! welcome to FutureGrind!
- Chunky neon graphics.
- 315.6MB Download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- Stats screen.
- FutureGrind has an assist mode- Makes the game easier.
- Colour blind support.
- Grindpedia- Shows unlocked content.
- Overall percentage counter.
- FutureGrind has online Leaderboards.
- Three mission goals per level- Score attack and then two specific assignments.
- Gameplay- Each wheel has a color and you can only hit the matching colored rails. In between this, you can do stunts and jump/hook onto rails above and below you.
- The game is constantly mixing it up.
- Unlock 5 bikes that each have different looks and stats.
- Fast frantic action.
- Banging soundtrack going for a more techno approach.
- Try/practice new bikes.
- Tons of replayability.
- Fast restarts.
- FutureGrind is Very moreish.
- Simple to pick up.
- Combo meter.
- FutureGrind is hard to master.
- Reflex heavy and makes old people like me feel slow and unable to do it.
- Assist mode disables trophies/leaderboards.
- Tricky at first as you get to grips with the fast response times.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessability - 7/107/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
Everybody loves to grind, Grinding in games from Tony Hawks to FutureGrind to grinding inanimate objects like trees or bus shelters. Grinding is back and it is bringing the neon! FutureGrind is one of those games that test just how good your reflexes are, For FutureGrind sounds and looks simple enough, Match wheels and get a fat combo. Thing is this is all done at an insane pace, The slightest touch of the stick and it moves you full circle, Its said to not scare you but prepare you. Never before have I gone so long playing a game without blinking. I love the soundtrack and the whole atmosphere…I just absolute suck at the game. Assist mode or not I need stabilizers and the ability to slow down time. For everyone else, you get a satisfying score chaser.