Review: Fuze4 (Nintendo Switch)
FUZE4 Nintendo Switch is a coding application for Nintendo Switch. It has been designed and developed by a team of experienced gamers, programmers, artists, and educators. The end result is a language ideally suited to coding games and apps for absolute beginners and seasoned programmers alike.
- Pixel art graphics.
- 4gb download size.
- Full touchscreen support.
- Code your own game’s gameplay.
- A coders Little Big Planet.
- Optional help pop-ups.
- Extensive encyclopedia of help that teaches you with coding in a helpful broken down way.
- You can download/share games with friends.
- Make your own games!
- Supports many genres from first-person shooters to driving to fighting to a point and click.
- It contains playable and editable demos.
- Excellent learning resource.
- On-screen keyboard.
- Interface and keyboard theme styles.
- The Media library contains hundreds of pre-made renders to use in your game.
- Supported by the Oliver Twins (Dizzy creators) and you get a whole load of official renders.
- Projects and program coding sections.
- Tools-map and image editor.
- Code help-bookmarks, quick media shortcuts and can jump between them for speed.
- Such a clever resource.
- Powerful editor.
- The game just keeps on giving.
- Perfect fit for the Nintendo Switch.
- A lot to take in.
- Sharing is not that straightforward.
- Huge time sink and it’s needed.
- Requires dedication.
- Graphics - 9/109/10
- Sound - 9/109/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 9/109/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10
We have had games that allow you to make your own games before, Little Big Planet is the most memorable one outside of Dreams. Fuze 4 is making a game maker that goes right down to every character in a line of code. It’s all about coding and learning the languages needed to make these games you play every day. As you could imagine a game of the is depth requires a lot of time and patience, they do add demos and pre-made games that you can play and use to edit and learn. What Fuze4 does is it introduces more people to the art of coding, it educates yet entertains and I cannot believe how powerful this game really is. It has just got so much in there and so many resources and help written in such a way you cannot help but take it in. I recommend Fuze to hobbyists and coders alike and I cannot wait to see what people come up with.