Review: Galerider (iPhone/ipad)
Take flight as Bree, a “Galerider” in possession of a majestic Wind Drake. Dodge obstacles, glide across rivers and valleys, soar over mountain cliffs and dive through narrow canyons to collect valuable items. Stay alive and defeat the colossal Overbeasts.
- Decent graphics.
- 2.58gb download size (iPad)
- 3 save slots.
- Opening tutorial level.
- On rails shooter gameplay.
- Touchscreen controls.
- Inspired by Panzer Dragoon.
- 3 difficulties-raider, contender and dominator.
- Control settings-invert axis, sensitivity slider, and left-handed mode.
- World map level select.
- End of a level breakdown showing kills, essence, and health with an overall 1-3 star rating.
- Monster gallery to look at and inspect all 3D models of the dragons and enemies.
- Five dragons to unlock and each has unique abilities and skills.
- Actions-barrel roll, shoot, paint and shoot and special.
- Gorgeous locations.
- Can replay levels.
- Essence- 3 types and are for health, building special, etc.
- Loose story interactions.
- Controls-right side of screen-swipe to move left and right, tap to shoot or hold to paint enemies. The left side of the screen is a virtual stick to move your reticle.
- Nice time waster.
- Have to unlock the dominator difficulty.
- Slow loading times.
- No voice work.
- Few moments of slowdown.
- No way to change the controls.
- Forgettable story.
- Levels start to feel the same.
- Can be hard to judge dodging.
- No leaderboards.
- Little replay value.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
For too long we have waited for a new Panzer Dragoon game, yes a remake is coming to the Nintendo Switch but we want a panzer Dragoon game now! Galerider is a panzer Dragoon game in all but name, it is an on-rails shooter, allows you to freely shoot or paint enemies and send targeted missiles. It’s all very nice looking and like I say will scratch the itch. For me, it’s a short-lived affair as the gameplay really doesn’t change much and all levels just feel the same with new backgrounds. Unlocking dragons is still fun and does attempt to fix the fatigue but the controls are just awkward and in the heat of things, let you down. I can’t be too hard on the game as it does allow you to get your Dragoon on and does it well enough, use it as a time-waster and you will be absolutely fine.