Review: Ganbare Super Strikers (Nintendo Switch)
Ganbare! Super Strikers is an innovative mix between Tactical RPG and Soccer. Win matches to level up and earn new equipment that will allow you to learn special abilities, boost your players’ stats or protect yourself against altered status effects.
- Cartoon graphics.
- 295mb download size.
- Turn-based football gameplay.
- 3 save slots.
- Optional tutorial.
- Two modes-story and arcade.
- Two difficulties-easy and normal.
- Story mode-name your team/players and create your logo.
- On your turn, you can move/pass/dribble/shoot and it’s all your own choices.
- It can change camera angles.
- When passing or shooting past an opponent plays a QuickTime battle happens between both players stats and dictates if your action was successful/fails or doesn’t quite get there.
- Shortcuts for changing players quickly.
- It can end your turn whenever.
- Plays on a gridded pitch.
- Speed option for opponents’ turn.
- Match objectives-finish them for items that improve stats and uniform options.
- Special effects like fatigue/drowsy etc.
- Every active player earns EXP and levels up to learn new abilities.
- Items-equip them to get the perk but level them up to have the perk permanently and free up the item slot.
- Puzzle game elements.
- No online mode.
- No multiplayer either online or local.
- High learning curve especially with time management.
- Clunky menu for item management.
- Feel like one big RNG exercise.
- No touchscreen.
- No replay level.
- Can’t undo moves.
- Only one control layout.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10