Review: Garfield Kart (3DS)
Join Garfield and his friends in the funniest fast and furry-ious game Garfield Kart.
- Chunky graphics.
- Tilt or stick controls.
- 3D implementation.
- Mario Kart style gameplay.
- 16 tracks to unlock and race on.
- 8 Charatcers to unlock.
- Three race speed options: 50, 100 and 150cc.
- Power ups in game to use on opponents. Examples are speed burst, pies to throw and spring for high jumps etc.
- You unlock characters by winning championships.
- Tutorial section.
- Shop to buy hats, cars and car accessories.
- Earn bonuses by equipping certain items on certain tracks.
- Buy and equip boost items. Things like start in pole position, earn 2 points despite race position and so many more.
- Bottom screen shows the track and everyone’s position.
- Each character, hat and cars have unique stats.
- Can carry two powerups.
- Three save profiles.
- Powerup effects last too long especially the one that puts you temporarily asleep.
- No online or local multiplayer.
- Cheap AI behavior.
- No leaderboards.
- Little replay value.
In Summary, Garfield Karting is a decent Mario Kart clone. It lacks the charm, play ability and longevity of Mario Kart but it does play well and is a lot of fun. It is a game more focused on for children and for that it is a good racing game. It has the customization and unlocks that kids will enjoy. In short its nothing fantastic but then its not bad either, Its fun.