Review: Get Good (Steam)
A tough, skill-based precision 2.5D platformer that will push you to your limits. Can you get good?
- Nice graphics.
- 360mb download size.
- Graphics-quality preset, resolution, and full screen.
- Twitch Integration.
- Hardcore platformer gameplay.
- It requires pixel-perfect timing and jumps.
- Controls-move, jump, and fire.
- Fun modes-chase, death chase, endless ascent, target test trails.
- Stats screen on the pause menu.
- Instant restarts.
- Game-you control your robot with WASD and the mouse controls a cursor that you use to shoot which helps you jump higher.
- High skill ceiling needed.
- Ridiculously hard difficulty.
- Cannot rebind keys.
- Music doesn’t always load.
- Lacks an in-depth tutorial.
- The learning curve with the controls.
- Not clear where to go and what’s on your screen and what isn’t in the back/foreground.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 6/106/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
Get Good is in the genre of that indie game Get Over It. You literally play these games to punish yourself. The ceiling of the skill needed is really really high! Luckily the controls are tight and they need to be as this game is always about precision. Your goal on the standard game is to reach the top of the mountain, other game modes mix it up a bit but the core gameplay remains. It is hard to judge a game that is designed to kick your ass, it Autosaves so checkpoints basically mean nothing. Play this of like the title says- Get Good, to get better. If you like a challenge then you have one!