Review: Ghost Blade HD (PlayStation 4)
Ghost Blade HD is an intense bullet-hell shoot ’em up game, with satisfying and addictive score-based gameplay, with its tradition going back to the shooting games of the 1990s era.
- Gorgeous almost Anime looking graphics.
- 1.09GB Download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- Bullet hell shmup game play.
- Options- Tate mode, Six wallpapers, Soft slow, Explosions, Tech orbs and HUD position.
- Can rebind controls.
- Normal or alternate soundtrack.
- Two player offline mode.
- Full leader board support for local and online scores.
- Training mode- Pick any unlocked levels or bosses and you can set lives and bombs amount as well as which ship to use.
- Three ships/characters- Rekka, Ghost and Milan.
- Score attack mode.
- Can change options in game except the screen type.
- Minimal HUD- Score, Combo, Bombs and lives.
- Three difficulties- Easy, Normal and hard.
- End of level breakdown.
- Collect powerups to improve your gun/range and speed.
- Massive boss battles.
- When you die you can collect all your powerups again instantly.
- Rich vibrant levels with detailed backgrounds.
- Decent soundtrack that just scream 90’s.
- Five stages to unlock.
- Simple easy to learn controls.
- Really easy to get into.
- Easy to play hard to master.
- Score chaser mentality.
- No tutorials or explanations.
- Difficulty spikes.
- Dont get told how each ship is different.
- Very short if you are a one and done kind of gamer.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 9/109/10
- Accessability - 9/109/10
- Length - 9/109/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
Ghost blade is a game that appeals to verterans and noobs alike. Its extremely easy to get into and has a lot of score mechanics under the hood but if you dont want to get into it thats fine, The game caters for all. Yes its only a handful of stages but it has so much replayability due to the score chasing environment. The whole atmosphere is that of a 90s arcade game, Its bright, Has a cracking soundtrack and is devilishly addictive. Its a great little game and one all shmups fans should check out whilst “On the fence” players can easily get on with it.