Review: Gigantosaurus The Game (PlayStation 4)
Rocky, Tiny, Mazu, and Bill have scary problems – like the meteor that’s blocked up Giganto’s volcano! Only you and your dino friends can dare to solve puzzles and save the day – but you might need Giganto’s powers too! And the end of each story is the start of a super rally to the next zone. Will you be the most roarsome adventurer or the fastest racer.
- Bright colorful graphics.
- 1.68gb download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- Easy mode option.
- 3 save slots.
- Four-player local support.
- 3D action gameplay.
- Full cheerful narration.
- Aimed at kids.
- Actions- jump, interact, spin tail.
- A clear star-filled guide that shows you the way to the next objective.
- Seeds-collect them and deposit to grow plants.
- Single player-change between four dinosaurs and each has unique abilities.
- Save when you want.
- A colorful cast of characters.
- Collectibles-pages/seeds/walnuts/plant spots.
- Eggs-10 per level and you need just 4 to unlock the next level.
- Fun toys-rolling logs, boats, catapults, leaf umbrellas, bees, and spring feet.
- Adds in other genre mini-game style with stealth and racing sections.
- Fun to play.
- Very laid back and chilled.
- Play how you want.
- Can jump between any unlocked areas when you want from the map.
- The camera is erratic, you don’t control the camera.
- Racing sections are far too long and uneventful.
- Slowdown issues in places.
- Very simple.
- Hit detection issues.
- In solo, it’s a pain to change characters.
- Small enemy type pool.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 8/108/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
Let’s cut to the chase, Gigantosaurus is a game aimed at kids first and foremost, it caters well for them by adding in four-player support, big colorful world, forgiving mechanics and a variety of genres. Kids will have an absolute blast with it and there is enough game to keep them busy for hours. Now we move on to older gamers, we’ll it’s a case of you play it of you want easy trophies or you play it as it’s not a bad game and is very chilled out and a good game to just zone out to and run around and collect stuff. I saw it all the way through to the end as it was just fun to play and charming.