Review: Goat Simulator (PS4)
Goat Simulator is the latest in goat simulation technology, bringing next-gen goat simulation to YOU. You no longer have to fantasize about being a goat, your dreams have finally come true!
- Good graphics overall, Resembling a Valve Source game in every way.
- Four player local co op play.
- Physics, Top notch and hilariously over the top, Fling lamp posts, boxes and even people across the map. Fall great heights and laugh as you bounce your lifeless carcass over buildings, swimming pools and god knows what else. Invisible walls just happen.
- Huge levels but to be honest it is more a playground than a level, you have loads of sections to explore, Gas station, hijack a party out the back, corn field abductions, Its all in there. To keep it a bit more educational, Stone Henge is included and is so advanced that it got renamed Goats Henge! The second playable area has more in the way of docks,fun fair, posh apartments and much more to find.
- The map also has hidden areas for you to find, Make sure to check every where.
- Controls are simple enough, You get told them on loading screens and can bring them up from the pause menu. The Touch pad is used for slow mo.
- Can invert the Y axis control.
- The best addition is the slow motion button. Press it whenever you like and trigger slow mo, Perfect for causing Micheal Bay levels of awesome explosions.
- Full Platinum trophy.
- Collectibles scattered all over the land, Collect them and unlock new types of goats.
- The main story if you can call it that is a free roam style game with a list of quests. There is no story, Just the quests which are things like cause x amount of damage or jump over a trampoline.
- Aside from the “main” story you can also do free play. Here you can choose to play any of your unlocked goats and mutators. It all lands up linking together and your quests progress will carry over.
- Full online leaderboard support.
- You are constantly earning points as you trash the world and ruin lives, Every time you hit a certain section you will be greeted with hilarious text slogans.
- As said you can unlock several new goats to play as. Tall goat, Blue Sonic esque goat and many more.
- You may be a goat but you can still pick up weapons! Find them in the level and have some fun. Fire baseballs at pedestrians or smash up someones greenhouse. Just one of the handful of weapons you can pick up. Mmy favourite is jet pack or dropping dead goats from the sky but what evs.
- The game has a game within it and yep its that little flappy f*cker again, This time hes a goat so I present to you Flappy Goat! Still the same premise and available to play if you can find it!
- Huge waterslide that can be used and is brilliant fun.
- Side missions are available from the off and a full list can be found from the pause menu.
- You can activate mutators before booting the game up.
- Can get boring after a while and is more of a casual game.
- Possible to get stuck in places/walls/people.
- Long loading times.
- Slowdown when the screen gets too busy.
- Any sort of precision just aint happening.
Goat Simulatooooorrrrr! What can actuyally be said about the game? I mean you are a goat and you get to mess the world up! Yes the game has oodles of glitches, issues but you will not care as you are breaking the very concept of realism by playing a game as a goat. The game is very much a casual game and long periods of play can grow tiring. Screw it the game is fun to play, Hilarious in places and makes you smile so for that reason its a winner.