Review: Guts and Glory (PlayStation 4)
A game about father and son riding their bicycle through obstacle courses of death, and other fun family experiences.
- Has graphics, Very basic ones but it works.
- 5.59GB Download size.
- Blood/gore on/off.
- Seven default characters to choose from.
- Physics-based stunt run style gameplay.
- Funny as hell Ragdoll/physics engine.
- Tutorial/help sign boards dotted around the levels.
- Varied characters as they all come with different vehicles like bikes, Mowers or ATVs and so much more.
- Hilarious events like a drunk flight with jetpacks, Eject yourself from a moving car and get the longest distance or avoid landmines and spinning blades.
- Has the same appeal as Goat Simulator.
- Proper decent death animations complete with full body dismemberments and blood spills, It just looks so cool and funny.
- Huge playground/world to play in.
- Can replay levels.
- Hit pedestrians, buildings, fences etc.
- Hall of glory- Paintings of players.
- 18 trophies.
- Controls- Handbrake, Turbo, and aerial tricks.
- Just a lot of fun, Proper laugh out loud funny.
- Respawn button.
- Simple to play.
- A lot of slowdowns.
- Loose controls.
- Zero explanation on anything.
- Ugly textures in places.
- Not instant respawns.
- Basic menu.
- Looks like an early access game.
- No Multiplayer yet.
- No in-game replay system.
- Limited leaderboard support.
- Cannot rebind controls.
- Graphics - 6/106/10
- Sound - 6/106/10
- Accessability - 8/108/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10
I have no idea what the point of this game is but man oh man it is a lot of fun to play. Evoking the same feelings I got when I first played Goat Simulator, Your first game will be full of WTF and laughing. Watching the crazy physics at play is just so relaxing and fun. It is not all belly laughs and swearing though, It has a dark underside. The controls are very loose, physics can go horribly wrong and menu screens look really bad. Basically, it is the gambling advert of video games, When it stops being fun…STOP. It will happen but when you want a five minute bit of fun just whack this in.