Review: Heave Ho (Nintendo Switch)
Heave Ho tasks up to four players with a simple goal – don’t fall to your death! Players will use their own two hands and the outstretched grip of their friends to grapple across each level on their way to victory.
- Awesome graphics.
- Two modes-co-op and solo.
- Own in-game achievements that pop when earned.
- 765mb download size.
- The tutorial shows up every game (skippable) and is interactive.
- Coins-optional but getting them grants you a roll for random costumes.
- Levels unlocked in single player are available in Co-op and vice versa.
- Supports joycon and Pro controller.
- Game- you control just your arms and grab with your hands. Get to the exit.
- Strong physics game.
- Mini games-can show up in a level and reward coins.
- Help-in Co-op you can get the ability to spawn helpful balloons to aid other players.
- Instant restarts.
- The best time is shown on each level.
- Customise-costume, skin colour, hair, glasses, face, arms and voice.
- Different elements get added over time like ropes, dark/light levels.
- One of the best Co-op experiences.
- Easy to learn.
- Fart button-charge a fart and make other players get blown away.
- No touchscreen.
- Needs more levels.
- Only two modes.
- Graphics - 9/109/10
- Sound - 9/109/10
- Accessibility - 9/109/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 10/1010/10
Heave Ho brings the fun to all players in a new and delightful way! OK so at first I thought it was mount your friends without the Rotating dongs, it’s not, not at all, it’s a game that will test any friendship, test anyone’s abilities but you will still come back for more. The simple act of movement alone will bring the laughs, mix in obstacles and coins and more players and you have yourself a beauty. It really suits the Nintendo Switch with the joycon and plays well even on the small screen. I can’t praise the game enough, I wanted more levels or an editor but it’s the players that make the game, not the levels. Be in no doubt, Heave Ho is a stone-cold classic.