Review: Hitman 2 (PlayStation 4)
Prepare to experience the ultimate spy thriller story; your mission is to eliminate the elusive Shadow Client and unravel his militia, but when 47 learns his target’s true identity and the truth about his past, it changes everything.
- Beautiful graphics.
- 48.74GB Download size.
- HDR support.
- Can play revamped maps from the first game. (Free download)
- Frame rate- Locked/unlocked.
- Rendering- Quality or framerate.
- Can play any level you want, You get spoilers pop up but can skip.
- Three game modes- Story, Sniper assassin and ghost.
- Assassin simulator gameplay. Take out your target any way possible.
- Level setup- Choose loadout, spawn point, suit and check out bonus challenges.
- Three difficulties- Casual, Professional and Master. (They are not locked)
- Earn EXP and mastery on each level to unlock new weapons, spawn points, suits.
- Clear easy to use HUD.
- Much improved end of level breakdown.
- Optional training levels.
- Every level is its own big sandbox, You can go anywhere, do anything.
- Presented almost like a Jame Bond film. You get a narration from your boss, A look at your target and cool cutscenes.
- Ghost mode is an mp game where you can see the ghost of your opponent, You both race to kill the target first. Each players world is only available to them, You just see their ghost.
- Sniper Assassin is basically a glorious shooting gallery game.
- So much replayability.
- Guidance option- Choose whether to start the level with clues showing.
- Illusive targets- Timed special community events where you take down people, Mostly celebrities but its a fun distraction.
- Opportunities- As you explore you can stumble across an opportunity and track it. Things like a delivery guy are feeling sick so you could go steal his clothes.
- No in level loading.
- Hitman vision, Will show enemies, enemies that will recognize you and of course your target.
- Platinum trophy but also has individual trophy lists for each level, Only a handful but total is a lot of trophies.
- Solid voice work.
- Mirrors- Now enemies can see you in mirrors and reflections.
- Save when you want but it does autosave a lot.
- Not fast loading times when it does do the loading.
- Slight screen tearing.
- A couple of blue screen crashes.
- Few dodgy AI behavioral things.
- Dubious hit detection.
- Can feel overwhelmed.
- Some maps just feel too big.
- Graphics - 9/109/10
- Sound - 9/109/10
- Accessability - 8/108/10
- Length - 10/1010/10
- Fun Factor - 10/1010/10
Not the first words you expect to see in a review of a game called Hitman and all about stealth murder, But man oh man is this game hilarious! I mean you have an infinite amount of tools at your disposal. Wanna knock out a guy with a coke can then snap his neck and throw his body in a wood chipper? The game has that. Want to go stealth and snipe across the map? The game has that. Its more a murder simulator game than anything else. It has a cool feel about it making you feel like you are in some espionage film type shit, You have no restraints unless you are doing specific challenges and even then its self imposed restrictions. This time round you can instantly jump into any map none of theis complete the previous level nonsense. You could accuse the game of being nothing but a few tweaks/additions and new maps but they give you the whole first game for free with the new mechanics so its more Hitman 2.0, Either way, you look at it, This is the most polished and most content heavy game in a long time. Who knew murder could be fun?