Review: Holfraine (PlayStation 4)
Compete with your team in matches full of dynamic elements with the ALL IN ONE game mode. During the match, dynamic events will happen randomly. Complete those event’s objectives with your team to earn points and achieve victory.
- Nice graphics.
- 2.05gb download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- Hero based shooter gameplay.
- Guide (tutorial)-text/video clip based tutorial.
- Profile shows stats and rank.
- 3 V 3 matches.
- Sensitivity sliders for movement and sniping.
- Regenerating health.
- Clear Hud and icons.
- No hero limit.
- Shop-buy player skins/avatars/EXP.
- Weapon loadout-primary/secondary/utility/ultimate.
- Multi-objective game mode- no set order but it can have multiple modes running at once. Game modes are spy drone (CTF), control zone, kills, etc.
- EXP and coin rewards are set, one amount for winning and one for losing.
- Six characters-Roadblock, Countdown, Sentinel, Huntress, Sonar, and Psycho.
- Airdrops happen randomly and give buffs.
- Victory-first team to 50.
- Rank points for winning.
- No tutorial.
- Run cannot be toggled.
- Only one game type.
- Slow matchmaking.
- No end screen like a leaderboard or killboard.
- Feels unbalanced from characters to weapons.
- Can’t bring up a screen to see a character moves to make learning a new character hard.
- Only one map.
- Spawn camping is common.
- No hero limit.
- Rank and unlocks are underwhelming.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 6/106/10
- Accessibility - 6/106/10
- Length - 6/106/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
Initial impressions are that this looks like a budget Overwatch clone, it is I suppose but it does differ in terms of the core game objectives. I like how the objectives are not on a one by one basis and you can have multiple objectives running in tandem. Each character plays differently as you would expect in a team-based shooter, the graphics are fine and to be honest, the gameplay is fine. The issues I have are lack of objective/mode types, matchmaking times and how. The heroes feel unbalanced with particular heroes absolutely decimating the opposition. Allowing multiples of one character gets messy and slows the flow. It’s a game that has potential and is fine atm but only in short bursts.