Review: Hue (Steam)
Hue is a vibrant, award-winning puzzle-adventure, where you alter the world by changing its background colour.
- Lovely art style,Very minimalist but powerful.
- Small download size: 264.5mb.
- Platform puzzler game play that evolves around you changing the colour of the level.
- Tutorial with ongoing help.
- Colour mechanic is the central mechanic. You have the ability to change the colour at any time. Objects only show up in certain colours.
- Simple control scheme, The colour changing is done with the right stick.
- Nice chilled soundtrack.
- Restart level option.
- Story is narrated and delivered very well. You trigger these story clips as you progress through the game and it is a well presented story.
- Puzzles are clever yet approachable.
- Difficulty spikes can happen later in the game. I say spikes, It just mixes up the puzzle formula and you get frustrated at the start.
- Kind of wish the story was delivered in a different way.