Review: Hypergalactic Psychic Table Tennis 3000 (Steam)
Paddle your balls! The hypergalaxy’s premiere video table tennis role-playing experience. Explore the hypergalaxies in the year 3000 or so to become the ultimate paddle champion. Learn new skills, cast devastating spells and put someone’s underwear on your head whilst riding a swamp beast!
- Chunky retro graphics akin to the Atari 2600.
- 185mb download size.
- Steam achievements!
- Controller support.
- Full-screen button.
- Pong gameplay!
- Gimmick-everytime you win a level, you level up and pick an upgrade.
- Simple controls.
- First to score 3 times wins.
- Easy to get into.
- Boss fights.
- Excellent humorous voice work.
- Levels have obstacles and hazards like walls or lakes/rivers to extinguish flames.
- Tons of fun.
- Classic phrases from classic games.
- Health-to stop games going on too long your paddle has a health bar and when it empties you blow up and disappear.
- The game just gets crazier and crazier the more you play.
- Enemy paddle changes size and shape.
- Infinite continues/lives.
- Upgrades vary from fireballs to speed to movement to lasers and so much more!
- Elevates the pong genre.
- No tutorial.
- No graphics options except fullscreen.
- Only the one mode.
- Slow starter.
- No leaderboards.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 8/108/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10
We all love Pong, some of us only knew pong and some of us are seeing pong for the first time here. What we have here is Pong on the speed with a bit of red bull and drugs mixed in. The gameplay remains the same but it just adds crazy upon crazy upon crazy with upgrades that has you getting faster or the ability to shoot fireballs, it’s all really well put together and so much fun. My only issues are that lack of graphic settings, no leaderboards, it’s just a one-shot well-done game but it’s greatness in a land of bland all around it. Play it as its good and does so many good things, I loved it.