Review: Jet Car Stunts
Master difficult stunts, set the fastest times and let your Jet Car Stunts skills shine.
- Chunky graphics with a modern twist.
- Good soundtrack and FX.
- Full 360 pad support.
- Tutorial section split into separate areas covering everything you need to know.
- 3 cars and 36 tracks to unlock.
- Decent amount of video options for you to tinker with.
- Steam cloud and Steam achievements.
- Fast loading game and also fast at resetting your car back onto the track.
- Online leader boards.
- Tight responsive controls.
- Race against ghosts of players just above you on the leader board. This is a nice addition as it sets you with realistic goals.
- Three game modes to choose from:
- Platforming– The main game where you must finish levels as quickly as possible and earn a Bronze, Silver or Gold award. Amount of retries go against you as well.
- Time Trial-Race against the clock and set high scores and race against ghost data of other players.
- Collector-Explore the levels more as you seek out the stars on the level, All while racing against the clock.
- Checkpoints mid level so you dont have to do a full restart.
- Big huge retry counter on your HUD so you know how well/bad you are doing.
- Levels are huge and varied and will test any drivers skill and patience.
- You can disable/enable ghosts before each level.
- Good level design with land and air being entwined into one big experience.
- Cars drive really well on the ground but they also fly! Flying is a bit harder to master but the two combined give a great experience to the player.
- No way to filter the leader board to friends only.
- For that reason you cannot really race against friends ghost data unless your both in the same part of the leader board.
- Slight learning curve what with the flying and the driving.
- Needs a track editor so we can all get our creative juices pumping.
- Quite short on content. You could easily dust it all off in a week and even shorter if you stick to just one mode.
In Summary, The game will be compared to Track Mania a lot and its easy to see why. You race alone against the clock with ghost data leader boards. But where Track Mania leaves and Jet Car Stunts begins is when you hit a high jump and fly! No transformations or fancy gimmicks, You can just fly by using the brakes and turbo to adjust speed and direction. The game is just as much fun as Track Mania and the level design is really good, Multiple routes can be found and overall it is just fun to play. It needs a few updates to add a few key features but its still good to go in its current state. If Track Mania is your thing or just throwing a car around the track (or sky) then this is the game for you.