Review: Jet Lancer (Steam)
Jet Lancer is a high-velocity aerial combat shooter where you duel enemy aviators, hunt giant robots, and defy death at supersonic speeds as you evolve from an unknown rookie aviator into a once-in-a-generation ACE pilot.
- Beautiful modern pixel art graphics.
- 254mb Download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Shoot em up gameplay.
- Can rebind controls.
- Controller support.
- Graphics-fullscreen, v-sync, effects, and HD scaling.
- Accessibility(some are blatant cheats) invincibility, evade window, minigun toggle, thrusters, afterburner, strobe effects, and UI.
- New game plus game mode.
- Level selection is done via a carrier you drive around the sea and select levels.
- Load out-special weapons, charge weapons, and installed modules.
- Different mission types like kill all enemies or take on waves of enemies, take down ships or escorts allies.
- Boss battles.
- Retro atmosphere and presentation.
- Has a Luftrausers vibe to it.
- Amazing blood-pumping soundtrack.
- So much fun to play.
- The initial learning curve with the controls.
- Missions do repeat themselves.
- Short levels.
- Difficulty spikes with the boss fights.
- No leaderboards.
- Graphics - 9/109/10
- Sound - 9/109/10
- Accessibility - 8/108/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10
Jet Lancer is a game that is just full of adrenaline! It’s a shooter that plays like Luftrausers meets Afterburner with Top Gun overwatch ING this engagement of two games. You can fly wherever you want on the screen, finish levels get new unlock and customize your plane. The game is just so much fun to play once you master the controls, it took ages for my slow-paced brain to figure out the full 360-degree turning circle but once it clicked I never looked back. Boss fights whilst tough are extremely good fun and the mechanics used are clever and innovative. Jet Lancer plays modern but looks retro, it plays solid, the soundtrack is just as good as the game and I can’t recommend the game enough.