Review: Jump King (PlayStation 4)
- Pixel art graphics.
- 1.87gb download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- Jumping platformer gameplay.
- Gimmick-all you can do is jump and direct it left and right, you have no control overpower.
- Goal-reach the top of the tower.
- Stats screen.
- You will fall a lot!
- Very simple concept.
- Has the vibe of Getting Over It game where one misplaced step can undo hours of progress.
- Pause the game to see current stats.
- Save and quit option.
- 3 babes at the top to rescue-the the original, hot babe + and Ghost of the babe.
- Funny but that’s more if you don’t laugh you will cry.
- No actual tutorial.
- Hard to look at screens above you.
- Slow progress.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 8/108/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
The concept is simple, jump from platform to platform and reach the babe at the top, the plot twist is you can only jump and only direct your jump everything else is a no. If you remember that indie game “Get Over It” it takes a lot of inspiration from that. At any point, you can mess up and fall to the beginning or lose hours of progress. It’s a genre that is initially quite fun but the frustration and self-awareness of your lack of skills really get to you. The game is simple and effective but doesn’t have any other hooks like leaderboards or anything. As is its a great game for the occasional bit of torture.