Review: Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes (PSVR)
Find yourself trapped alone in a room with a ticking time bomb. Your friends have the manual to defuse it, but they can’t see the bomb, so you’re going to have to talk it out – fast!
- Crisp graphics.
- Bomb defusal game play. The VR player can see and interact with the bomb. The bomb is made up of a number of modules with each module representing a puzzle. Non VR players have access to the bomb defusal manual.
- Two modes available: Freeplay and Bombs (career mode)
- Career mode has seven chapters totaling 34 tasks.
- Freeplay is where you can change timers, How many modules etc.
- Can print the manual off or view it on a phone or tablet.
- Deceptively fun.
- Simple controls all around. VR and non VR players uses x and o.
- Huge selection of modules to conquer, From wire cutting to morse code to power surges to password hacking and so so many more.
- Distractions happen whilst defusing modules from lights flashing to alarm clocks to a full on power cut.
- Tutorial lesson at the beginning with a poster for reference in the office.
- Ten trophies to unlock.
- Gameplay is like a Knightmare episode with bombs everywhere!
- 709MB download size.
- Saves after every game win or lose.
- Addictive just one more go kind of game.
- Records and saves personal best defusal times.
- Near limitless replay ability.
- Bomb layout randomizes every single game even if you hit retry.
- Teaches you communication skills making it a perfect team building exercise!
- Nails the tense atmosphere.
- Could easily play this over voip/chat.
- Bombs (career) mode is all luck based on what modules you get.
- Always in the same room from what I played.
- No online play. Obvious but just pointing it out.
- No online leader boards which would of been good for score chasing with friends.
- No way to turn particular modules off in career mode. For example I personally cannot see the pattern or difference in Morse code so when it comes up I have to retry.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 9/109/10
- Accessability - 9/109/10
- Length - 9/109/10
- Fun Factor - 10/1010/10
Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes is an absolutely gem of a game. It uses the VR perfectly and is a game that must be experienced for yourself, No words can describe the tense feeling you get as you call out descriptions of bomb modules and fight against the many distractions. A perfect party game but also a solid puzzle game enjoyed by two players. I hope we get a sequel with more modules, More locations and maybe even one set in a real world setting. I highly recommend this game to anyone with a PSVR headset. Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes you are only as good as your team.