Review: King Oddball (Xbox One)
End the world only using your tongue and boulders! Hurl away diamonds! See tiny humans fly around against their will! Crush them all!
- Cartoon graphics.
- Opening tutorial.
- Gameplay: Ball swings left to right and you press a button to release the ball and have to hit all targets.
- Simple control scheme.
- 1000 Gamerscore.
- Literally 100s of levels to unlock.
- Small download size.
- Replay levels to earn diamonds.
- World map level layout, Choose where you go next.
- Combo counter if you hit several targets at once.
- Level rating based on performance.
- Unlock optional bonus mission games.
- Very playable.
- Enviroment obstacles that can help or hinder you. For example exploding gas cans.
- Has a massive just one more go vibe going on.
- Fast loading.
- Difficulty spikes.
- No controls option to see what does what.
- Can feel luck based.
- No scores or leaderboards.
- Little replayabilty.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 6/106/10
- Accessability - 8/108/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
King Oddball is a fantastic time waster, The game play is addictive yet simple. You always want just one more go. And just when you think its all get a bit too samey, You get the optional bonus missions that mix it all up again! I found its a great little game but to be honest apart from waiting for friends to come online, I cant see how it would fit into my gaming schedule. Maybe its just me but its a game that would fit a mobile more than a console but it is a great great little game.