Review: League of Evil (PlayStation 4)
League of Evil is an action game where you, as a bionic super agent take on the mission to defeat the League of Evil. Use your acrobatic skills to punch your way through levels filled with deadly traps and defeat your enemies.
- Pixel graphics very 8bit looking.
- 56.28MB Download size.
- Opening tutorial.
- Cross-buy with Vita.
- Options- Gore on/off, Auto replay on/off, music sliders and 3 control choices.
- Platinum trophy.
- Level editor- Download packs of 30 random levels, Browse the top levels filtered by week/month etc, Search by ID.
- Powerful level maker-Grid based, Simple UI and you can test your level, 3 map sizes, Six mission themes and 5 items with a helpful help section.
- Mission completion stats screen-Time, Stars earned, replay, next or select mission.
- Stars-3 of em and awarded for timely completion.
- Tight responsive controls.
- 140 challenging levels, split across 4 chapters
- Speed running platform gameplay.
- Chiptune soundtrack.
- Can wall jump, Double jump and punch enemies.
- Lots of replayability.
- Can replay levels.
- Standard no frills story.
- Devious puzzle layouts.
- Decent time waster.
- Very much a pickup and play.
- Wall jump is off when you try and jump on the one side only.
- No leaderboards.
- Constant difficulty spikes.
- Outside of the level editor, It is very bare bones.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessability - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
- Length - 9/109/10
League of evil is a fun game and plays really well on the Switch. It is made for fans who want to push their limits and get a speedrun on. It is a smart little game and the level editor whilst powerful, Adds a long of life to the game and in my eyes really saves it. With a small download size and approachable mentality, it will be very hard not to fall for it in some way. In short, it is a great little game.