Review: Let Them Come (PlayStation 4)
You are Rock Gunar, mercenary gun for hire with alien blood on his hands. Twitchy trigger fingers and focused battle tactics are the order of the day as you take on this ultimate survival mode challenge to wipe out every Alien on this ship.
- Pixel graphics.
- 882MB Download size.
- 21 Trophies.
- Gameplay is a bit like a runner except it is you shooting aliens in the face!
- Earn cash by your performance to buy upgrades, Passive abilities and refill ammo.
- Clear waves to earn bonus powerups. You get a choice of three and its a mini-game where you need to press a button on the icon as it fills up and avoid overcharging it.
- When you die you can choose to shuffle the enemies or take a bonus power-up.
- Brief tutorial.
- Boombox- Unlock tapes and create your own playlists.
- Simple controls, L2 to shoot and move the gun up and down. Further weapons and attacks require a different button like O is for melee.
- Combo counter.
- Autosaves a lot.
- Cool lighting and explosions.
- Rampage challenge and score run + game modes.
- Online leaderboard support.
- Boss rush mode.
- Aliens vibe to it all.
- Decent varied soundtrack.
- Bestiary- Keep tabs on all encountered monsters.
- Three difficulties- Rookie, Mercenary, and veteran.
- Can invert axis.
- Change difficulty when you want.
- Session breakdown screen on performance.
- Loads of replay value.
- Excellent time waster.
- Easy to get into.
- Gory but not over the top, The fun pixelated type.
- Cool animation of your character’s avatar that gets beat up as you take damage.
- No loading times or pauses in the battle.
- Many monster types from the ground to the ceiling to flying monsters.
- Big boss battles.
- Every game feels different.
- Can be hard to see the enemies.
- No list of what the bonuses are so you are never sure what you have picked.
- Using the grenade is awkward and slow as you have to arch it and charge it.
- Down to the RNG gods for powerups.
- Sometimes the area of play feels small and not a lot of reaction time.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessability - 8/108/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
Let them come is a great game, One where it is perfect for a warm up or cool down session before something major, A palette cleanser if you will. The idea is simple, Kill aliens and upgrade your guns! For me as great and approachable as it is, It feels like a handheld experience whether it be a console or mobile phone. It just doesn’t scream big picture to me but what do I know. I do know I like the game a lot and it does have a ton of replayability and score chasing to it. Give it a try as you never know, You may like it!