Review: Light Fall (Steam)
Explore the Forgotten World of Numbra to uncover your mysterious past and save the land from an imminent threat. In this land of eternal night, you will rely on your Shadow Core to brave the many challenges and foes standing in your way. Do you have what it takes to survive in perilous Numbra?
- Simple but impactful graphics with 3D backgrounds.
- 3130MB Download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Controller support.
- Graphics options- Resolution, v-sync, and menu scale slider.
- Speedrun ghost option.
- Can invert controls.
- Supports playing with a keyboard.
- Images used for cutscenes.
- Ongoing tutorial.
- The game plays a fast-paced puzzle platformer.
- Constant checkpoints.
- Strong powerful soundtrack.
- Solid responsive controls.
- Powers- You can summon a block that can be used as a platform or a way to block lasers and more.
- Hidden rooms and routes.
- Level select.
- Speedrun mode.
- Online leaderboard.
- Trading cards.
- Slick animations.
- Plenty of collectibles hidden in the game.
- The world feels open thanks in part to the way that the cube works, You can scale high walls, Traverse high up in the sky if you feel confident enough.
- Level select shows collectible stats.
- Decent narration.
- Four acts covering many different lands and environments.
- Clever level design.
- Tons of replayability and if you love speedrunning you get even more.
- A Short game if you are a one and done kind of a gamer.
- Few performance issues with my 970, Slowdown a top thing.
- Minimal graphics options.
- Checkpoints can feel way too far apart.
- Graphics - 9/109/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Sound - 9/109/10
- Accessability - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
A strong confident game with some really cool mechanics, The sheer amount of collectibles and speed run options will keep you coming back for more and more, Levels are well designed and flow nicely. If however speedrunning and collecting isn’t your bag, the story is still worth a playthrough but it is a short affair.