Review: Milo’s Quest (PlayStation 4)
The young pupper, Milo, is enjoying his time in the park and sees a delicious bone to chew on! This bone is cursed and sets free the Evil King Old Skull. Now it’s up to Milo to go on an adventure to stop the curse.
- Pixel art graphics.
- 44.12mb download size.
- Cross-Buy with PlayStation Vita.
- Platinum trophy.
- Stackable Platinum trophy with the Vita version.
- Graphics-Visual/weather effects.
- Speed run timer option.
- The platinum trophy can be had in under an hour.
- Puzzle gameplay.
- Push blocks onto buttons to open doors and move the game forward.
- Boss fights.
- Bones-found in bushes and drop from enemies and used as currency.
- Keys-Gold for chest and Silver for doors.
- Attack enemies with a dash attack.
- Easy fun game.
- Simple enough controls.
- Feels like an extended Zelda Link to the past forest section.
- Only one control scheme.
- Way too easy.
- Only needed to do 35% of the game for the Platinum.
- No replay value.
- No map so you can constantly feel lost.
- Same music track over and over.
- Boss fights have no challenge.
- Few hit detection and block placement issues.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 6/106/10
- Accessibility - 8/108/10
- Length - 6/106/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
Milos Quest is a puzzle game with a simple formula. Move blocks onto buttons and dash kill enemies. That’s all the game is and yet I found myself sitting there and playing through the whole game! It’s not challenging in any way but it’s just the right kind of chill game and one that is easy on the eyes and the gameplay is fluid enough to keep you engaged. The music, however, is not good and I am not a fan of music tracks on loop. The Platinum trophy is an absolute cakewalk and I got it without even realizing, I finished the game well under 2 hours and whilst it was fine to play, it was a short game a repetitive game and a game so easy it’s not funny but it is worth a quick play of only for the Platinum trophy. To be honest the Platinum trophy is the only real reason to play it unless you want to get a new game and finish it within hours.