Review: Minecraft: Story Mode (Steam)
In Minecraft: Story Mode, playing as either a male or female hero named ‘Jesse,’ you’ll embark on a perilous adventure across the Overworld, through the Nether, to the End, and beyond.
- HD Minecraft graphics.
- Full controller support.
- Steam achievements.
- Telltale Account to enable separate cloud saves and allow you to view information on the web.
- Classic Minecraft UI.
- 6 Character skins to choose from with a female or male protagonist.
- Compelling story.
- Humour through out the game.
- Craft items at the crafting table, Look at recipes and create weapons and items.
- Fast build structures in a quick time event.
- Mashes many game mechanics together like QTE, free roam, Puzzles.
- Fighting is a lot more involving with you able to move around, Time your own attack patterns.
- Choices you make determine how the game plays out, Not only in this episode but also in future episodes.
- Full 5 star cast of voice actors. From Pee Wee Herman to Goonies to The Walking Dead, The voice acting is just superb.
- Classic Minecraft sound effects.
- Couple of hours play time for episode 1.
- A lot of replayability as you can replay the game and pick from the different actions and do things a little different.
- Teaser trailer of episode 2.
- On screen prompts for button presses.
- Child friendly with no swearing or violence in the game.
- Not a lot in the way of video options outside of resolution and high or low graphic settings.
- Puzzles especially at the end don’t really explain themselves very well.
- Some of the QTE controls are awkward and challenging.
- A small bit of cheese sneaks into the story.
- Few instances of stutter and lock up.